Associate Members are also voting members of the SMTA but neither
they nor their representatives can stand for office in the Association.
Associate members must be:
* Manufacturers or Sole Concessionaires of motor cars or chassis
(or any other mechanically propelled vehicle), tyres, road fuel
or oils, accessories or component parts of motor vehicles or
other mechanically propelled vehicles.
* General Motor Factors
* Distributors of Motor Body Supplies
* Distributors of Specialised Components
* Proprietors of Automobile (or like) Journals
* Suppliers of Finance House services to the Motor Trade
* Suppliers of Training services to the Motor Trade
* Suppliers of Specialist services to the Motor Trade
* Suppliers of Specialist Repair services to the Motor Trade
All members of the SMTA must accept the following Code of Conduct as a condition of membership.